You do not become an expert overnight.
For over 30 years, BMI have been the experts in international student recruitment, with the clear intent to aid the global mobility of students.
BMI launched Latin America’s first truly international student recruitment fair, Salão do Estudante, in Brazil in the spring of 1995. From that very first event it was clear to us that Latin America possessed the perfect recipe of demographics and pent-up economic prosperity that would soon propel it to become the next major source of international students and a world power.
From that day, the decision was made to focus BMI’s energy, learning and passion into products and knowledge that would allow our clients to seize the Latin American opportunity. In 1996, we launched Expo Estudiante to service all the Spanish speaking countries.
Having stayed true to our focus these past 18 years, BMI is the expert in Latin American Student Recruitment.
- We have run over 350 fairs in more than 10 Latin American countries
- 2,089 institutions and national organizations from 24 countries have exhibited at a fair or a BMI workshop
- Over 1.85 million students and their parents searched for courses at our fairs
- The BMI Agent Workshop in Brazil is the longest running event of its kind in South America
- Regional focus with a global foot print; BMI now has offices in Brazil, Colombia, India and UAE with the head office in the UK.
Salão do Estudante (Brazil) and Expo-Estudante (Spanish Speaking Latin America) are quantifiably the largest and most important fairs on the annual calendar. These are further enhanced by our Workshops that connect educators with Brazilian agents and Directors of international offices of Brazilian Universities.
We are regularly invited to speak about Latin America at international education conferences such as NAFSA and proud to have been commissioned to organize the official Euro-Posgrados events in the region on behalf of Campus France & DAAD and supported by Universidad.es in Spain.
We also work closely with national scholarship programs such as Becas Chile, Colfuturo, SENECYT, ICETEX and “Science without Borders” program in Brazil.
All the organisations below and almost every major international education organization bring national groups to participate in or to supports our fairs.